Tomato Basil Pasta- No Straining, just Stirring
Throw it all in the pot, INCLUDING the uncooked Pasta, and cook! - Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. The starch leaches out of the pasta and makes a rich, warm sauce for the noodles. The other ingredients cook right along with the pasta Ingredients
Author: Viance Nutrition
Recipe type: Dinner
- 12 ounces pasta (I use whole grain Linguine)
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 large sprigs basil, chopped
- 4½ cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot.
- Pour in vegetable broth.
- Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano.
- Drizzle top with oil.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
- Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
On A Separate Note – Are You Eating Your Sprouts?